Saturday, June 20, 2015

A Yoga Retreat At Seven Hearts

Today was a special day.  I took Dan on a drive to South Park, CO, but not the one in cartoon.  I can honestly say that while Dan was extremely well read, informed, and cultured, he failed to see the modern cultural significance, and brilliance, of South Park.  Ah well, next lifetime! 

We went on a retreat with my teachers, Cynthia and Lorraine. What a BEAUTIFUL drive!  We went south on 285, over Kenosha Pass, which I think has the most beautiful view from a road in Colorado.  I could hear Dan say, "Will you look at that?  This is TERRIFIC!" And it is!  The Collegiate Range of the Rockies is laid out before you, with a huge valley leading up to the base of the mountains.  We dropped into the valley and turned left at Jefferson towards Tarryall Reservoir.  Wow, what a beautiful drive.  We wound our way through to Seven Hearts Retreat Center.  

The class was very interesting.  It was day 1 of a three day retreat.  I learned a lot of information about the human cells -- stem cells before exposed to a growth environment.  I did not know that DNA was not responsible for cellular life; it is just a blue print.  It's proteins that are responsible for cellular life, and proteins are created by a reaction of environmental factors.  Will this stem cell be a bone, a pancreas, skin?  It is all about the cellular receptors and effectors and what proteins are created.  Interesting.  Now equate human health to our environment, and our receptors and effectors? What are our perceptions and how do they effect our health?  What are we receptive to and effected by?  Fascinating lecture.  I loved it.  I believe Dan would have preferred to sit outdoors in the shade. 


After the class, we had some fabulous food and drove home.  It was a special day for me because I learned so much about things I didn't know about.  And, in my heart, I was sharing it with someone who loved to learn new things and see new things.  



No comments:

Post a Comment