Friday, June 19, 2015

Bike Ride Along High Line Canal Trail to Cherry Creek Trail

Steve, Dan and I went for a bike ride.  We drove to Mamie Dowd Eisenhower Rec Center, parked, and rode on the High Line Canal Trail to the Cherry Creek Trail.  Truly a lovely ride.  A beautiful and warm day.  We rode for a total of 27.5 miles in 2 hours 20 minutes (approximately).

It was nice to go for this ride because it was completely spontaneous.  I think too much, I plan too much.

Whenever Steve and I would do a bike ride, we would call Dan and tell him about it.  Sometimes, we would send pictures.  So we know Dan would have liked the High Line Canal.  It goes through mostly residential areas, golf courses and parks. From the Canal we got on the Cherry Creek Trail going south, towards a dam.  It was not until this ride that I noticed that the Cherry Creek flows north.  And, neither Steve nor I knew the source, so when we got back, I looked it up.  It starts between Castle Rock and Denver, and flows north through Castlewood Canyon.  It flows 48 miles to the South Platte.

After a short stint going south, we turned around and rode north along the Cherry Creek Trail.  Steve realized he wanted to go south, so we turned around and rode to Cherry Street, with a brief stop at the Cook Rec Center.  We turned around, but not before getting a couple of pictures:



No comments:

Post a Comment